Diff Car Terms & Conditions of Use
The following lays out the Terms and Conditions of use for all bookings made by the customer with Diff Car. By placing a booking, the customer agrees to all terms and conditions laid out below and agree to be bound by them
Diff Car are a Licenced Private Hire Operator, licenced by Cardiff Council.
Diff Car are wholly owned by Personal Class Travel Ltd – 2 Pantbach Avenue, Cardiff, CF14 1UR. Personal Class Travel Ltd is a registered company in England and Wales, registered with Companies House. Company registration number 11792562.
“Diff Car” – For the purpose of these Terms & Conditions, Diff Car refers the operator responsible for accepting and recording all bookings, and dispatching all drivers, whether manually or using an Auto Dispatch
“Auto Dispatch” – For the purpose of these terms and conditions, Auto dispatch refers to a computer program, algorithm or similar which automatically dispatches a vehicle to a booking independently without any human interaction
“Company” – For the purposes of these terms and conditions, Company refers to Personal Class Travel Ltd, the owner of Diff Car and a registered company in England and Wales –
“Operator” – For the purposes of these terms and conditions, operator refers to the person accepting a booking and manually dispatching a vehicle to the booking.
“Controller” – For the purposes of these terms and conditions, controller also refers to a person who is accepting a booking and manually dispatching a vehicle to the booking
“Vehicle” – For the purposes of these terms and conditions, Vehicle refers to a licenced vehicle being used for the purpose of fulfilling a booking
“Driver” – For the purposes of these terms and conditions, Driver refers to the person in control of the vehicle being used for the purpose of fulfilling a booking
“Customer” – For the purpose of these terms and conditions, Customer refers to the person making the booking and paying for the journey
“Passenger” – For the purpose of these terms and conditions, Passenger refers to any person travelling in the vehicle for the duration of the booking excluding the driver.
“Soiling” – For the purposes of these terms and conditions, soiling refers to any mess left in the vehicle, by any passenger, of any kind that needs to cleaned prior to the driver carrying out any other bookings
“On Demand” – For the purposes of these terms and conditions, On Demand refers to a booking that has been made to be carried out as soon as possible
“Advance Booking” – For the purposes of these terms and conditions, Advance Booking refers to any booking made that is for any time in the future and is not to be carried out as soon as possible
“Pre-Booked” – For the purposes of these terms and conditions, Pre booking refers to a booking being made before a driver has arrived or not in the presence of the driver.
Terms and conditions
Nothing contained in these terms and conditions are intended to overrule the company’s legal obligations, or the customers or passengers’ legal rights. The law of the territory or land the journey is undertaken in shall always remain the overriding factor.
- All bookings must be Pre-booked. That is to say the booking must be placed prior to the driver arriving at the pickup address, and the driver must not be present at the time of the booking, nor take any part in the booking being made, other than to have previously provided a advice on how to make a booking at some time in the future
- Diff Car will ensure that only drivers who hold a valid relevant licence are dispatched, and the vehicle is also licenced correctly
- Diff Car allows bookings to made in a number of ways, either by phone call to the company’s office, on the number advertised, by text message to a number advertised, or by smartphone application
- Only, On Demand bookings made by phone may be fulfilled by Diff Car. If there are no drivers available when the booking is made, the operator will not accept the booking.
- Diff Car reserves the right to cancel an On Demand booking made by the phone, for any reason. If Diff Car needs to cancel an On Demand booking made by phone, the customer will be alerted by Text message no more than 10 minutes after the booking is placed
- Advance Bookings made by either text message or smartphone will be subject to driver availability at the time a driver and vehicle is due to be dispatched. If no driver is available at the time a driver and vehicle is due to be dispatched the booking will be cancelled.
- Where possible, Diff Car will advise the customer if they are unable to fulfil an Advance Booking, at the time a driver and vehicle is due to be dispatched, however no guarantees are made that this will happen
- When a driver and vehicle is dispatched for any booking, whether it is an On Demand or Advance booking, the customer will receive a text message advising them that the driver is enroute and the driver’s name and vehicle details will be provided on the text message. If no text message has been received 10 mins after the booked time, the customer may assume there are no drivers available to carry out the booking, the booking has been cancelled, and they should make alternative arrangements
- Any price quoted by either the operator or controller provided either over the phone, via text message or provided on a smartphone application, is strictly an estimate only based on the expected journey and the advertised rates at the time.
- The driver will have the final say on the actual fare at the end of the journey. Any fare displayed in the vehicle on a driver’s smartphone or similar device will be strictly a guide price, and the driver may charge more or less than the fare displayed if they wish. If the driver is driving a Hackney vehicle, the driver MUST use the taxi meter fitted to the vehicle and may not charge more than is displayed on the taximeter at the end of the journey.
- Any waiting period, and any waiting time charges are purely at the driver’s discretion. Diff Car does not impose a minimum amount of time the driver is required to wait, nor a minimum free waiting period before waiting time charges are charged, nor does Diff Car dictate what any waiting time charges should be. The only exception to this is waiting time charged by the driver of a Hackney Vehicle, who must not charge more than the amount allowed by the council they are licenced by.
- Any soiling of the vehicle that requires additional cleaning prior to the driver carrying out any further bookings, will be subject to a £50.00 cleaning charge payable to the driver on demand
- Any additional payments the driver is required to make in order to carry out a booking, such as road tolls, or parking charges, or any other the fee the driver is required to make to complete the journey and return to their main working area are chargeable to the customer. The driver may either request payment from the customer when the payment is made or add it to the final fare at the end of the journey.
- All payments must be made to the driver at the end of the journey either by cash or card payment if the driver has a working card reader and is able to accept payment by card in the vehicle. The only exception to this is where a booking has been made by a smartphone application, and the customer has entered card details via the app in order to make any payments. Payment will then be taken directly from the customers card at the end of the journey. Diff Car does not provide any form of payment on account, or provide credit of any form
- There must be at least one passenger over the age of 18 in the vehicle for the duration of the journey. Diff Car and the company reserves the right for the driver to refuse to carry lone minors. Diff Car and the company defines a lone minor as any person under the age of 18 who is not accompanied by someone over the age of 18
- Diff Car and the Company reserve the right to allow the driver to end any booking at any time for any reason they see fit, so long as the reason is not discriminatory in nature, and is not based purely on any passengers, sex, race, religion, ability, or age, or anything else that could be considered discriminatory. The only exception is if the driver cancels a booking before the journey has commenced due to the passengers being a minor and travelling alone without a responsible adult
- Diff Car and the Company reserve the right to allow the driver to charge the customer for any damage caused to the vehicle by any passenger before, during or after the journey.
- Neither Diff Car nor the Company are liable for any repayments to the customer of any kind for any reason. All fare disputes of any kind, including waiting time, soiling, damage, route driven or anything other reason that a dispute may arise are strictly between the driver and the customer. Neither Diff Car nor the company will become involved in any dispute on behalf of either party
- The customer and passenger are responsible for all their belongings at all times before, during and after the journey. Neither Diff Car, nor the Company accept any liability for any damage caused to any passenger’s property at any time
- All passengers should ensure that they have all their items at the end of the journey, and no property of any kind is left in the vehicle at the end of the journey. Neither Diff Car nor the company accept any liability or responsibility for any left property. Diff Car and The Company reserve the right to allow the driver to charge the passenger for the return of any left property. Any charge placed by the driver to return any property will be strictly at the driver’s discretion.
- The customer and all passengers acknowledge that it may not be possible for the driver to get to a preferred pick-up location and agree to meet the driver at a mutually convenient location if requested to do so.
- The customer and all passengers acknowledge that it may not be possible for the driver to get to a preferred destination, and agree to be dropped off at a convenient location if the driver cannot get to their final destination
- The customer and all passengers agree not to request a driver pick’s up or a drop’s off at any location that would be contrary to road traffic laws, or may where it may be unsafe, dangerous, or cause an obstruction to do so.
- Diff Car and the company reserves the right to block and blacklist a persons access to their services, and not accept any bookings made by any method if Diff Car and / or the Company believe the person to be making false bookings, or is abusive either physically or verbally to any member of staff of either Diff Car or the Company, or any driver registered with either Diff Car or the company, or poses a potential threat to either the physical or mental health of either members of staff of Diff Car or the Company or drivers registered with Diff Car or the Company or members of the public. Diff Car and the company reserve the right to share the details of any such person with other operators as they see fit. Any details may include the persons name, phone number, email address and addresses linked to the person. Diff Car and the Company reserve the right to continue to send marketing information to the person using the details supplied by the company
- Diff Car allows the customer to book a specific driver. If the booking is an On Demand booking and the requested driver is not available, Diff Car will offer the customer an alternative driver if any other drivers are available. The customer is free to accept or decline this offer as they see fit. If the booking is an Advanced Booking, Diff Car will notify the driver of the booking once. Diff Car will not be responsible for notifying the customer if the driver does not respond or is unable to carry out the booking, neither will Diff Car make alternative arrangements for a replacement driver should the requested driver not be available for the booking. When a specific driver is booked, any amendments to the booking should be made through Diff Car
- The customer acknowledges that a booking for a specific driver cannot be made via a smartphone app, and any such bookings must be made by either phone call or text message
- The customer acknowledges that Diff Car does not employ any drivers, and all drivers who fulfill bookings on behalf of Diff Car are self-employed, independent freelance partners. As such Diff Car holds no authority, either legal or implied over the drivers, and is not responsible for, nor can be held liable for any action or inaction carried out by any driver during the course of a booking placed with Diff Car.
- The sole responsibility, either legal or otherwise, of Diff Car is to accept & record bookings on behalf of the driver.
- In the event of the customer or passengers wishing to make a complaint about a driver, they should contact Cardiff County Council detailing the date and time of the events, the location and the drivers name and badge number and the Diff Car booking number. If they so wish the customer or passenger may also lodge a complaint with Diff Car via email or the www.diff-car.co.uk but Diff Car is under no obligation to investigate the complaint in anyway
- If the passenger of the customer witnesses to, or is victim of any crime, they are required to contact the police directly. If they so wish the customer or passenger may also notify Diff Car via email or the www.diff-car.co.uk but Diff Car is under no obligation to act in anyway
- The customer agrees that by providing either a mobile phone number and or an email address to Diff Car, they agree to allow Diff Car to send marketing and promotional information to the customer using the details provided. Diff Car agree that any such information sent to the customer shall also include details of how the customer can unsubscribe from any mailing lists to no longer receive any such marketing or promotional information
Written by David James – 1st February 2021
Approved by – David James – Managing Director of Personal Class Travel Ltd
Come into effect on – 1st February 2021